Donovan® Brand Sidewinder™ Tarping Systems
The Original Single-Lid Covering System!
The Sidewinder™ has modular and interchangeable components that fit either side of the trailer. (Although parts and hinge-mount hardware are universal, order driver side or curb side for proper head mount.) Your choice of electric or hydraulic – the system is fully automatic, covering and uncovering in under 20 seconds and keeping the operator safely on the ground.
Years of experience and thousands of units sold mean The Sidewinder™ has been thoroughly field-tested based on extensive customer feedback. It’s an extremely affordable system, paying for itself in a few months and noted for low maintenance costs. It fits all front wall styles, and the lid rests flush against the trailer – ideal for operating in narrow transfer stations. The system is engineered to flex during loading and unloading, without troublesome continuous drive shafts. The superior 3-arm design (one forward, one rear and one over trailer center brace) allows the tarp to properly conform to peaked areas in the load and still close down on all sides.
The Sidewinder’s head assembly comes pre-assembled. Heavy-duty steel hinges are built to last, and the marine-grade toggle stands up to heavy usage. Components bolt together – no welding is required. Kits contain hardware only.
- Universal Components (Fits Either Side of Trailer)
- Right Side/Left Side Mounting Hinges (Mount to Either Side)
- Electric/Hydraulic Power Unit (Self Contained)
- Hydraulic (Wet) Valve Kit – Standard on Wet Kits
- Pre-assembled Head Assemblies
- Foward/Rear/Over-Center Arm Brace Locations
- Steel Frame – Standard on Sidewinder™ Kits
- Aluminum Frame – Standard on Sidewinder™ 350 Kits
- P/N 1800604 – Orange Poly Mesh – 9’6″ x 55′
*Additional options may not be available for all applications.