Donovan® Brand 5000X Tarping Systems
The most popular line of economical, yet dependable, front-to-rear tarp systems, the 5000 Series is available in a wide variety of models, differentiated by cab- or ground-level manual crank or Durabuilt™ direct-drive motor. (Motor carries a three-year full replacement warranty.) All feature zinc-plated steel tubing and easy-to-mount, low-profile flat-coil torsion springs. The zinc coating prevents rust and enhances the 5000 Series’ professional look.
Pivot arms are 1 1/4-inch square steel tubes with bent pivot arm extensions for a lower profile. Pivot arm rests are included. The 5000 Series models fit up to 18-inch dump bodies. Models marked with a “U” denote underbody spring assemblies. Optional upgrades include 40-amp Durabuilt™ rocker switch kit with solenoid, chain guard, wind deflectors, pivot arm rests, spring trap and tarp trap hold-downs and the Rattler 3200 dump vibrator. Approximate shipping weight: 85-165 lbs.
When pricing your 5000 Series system, you will need to order your choice of tarp and add that to the price. Choose from heavy-duty mesh, multicolored PVC mesh, 18-oz. vinyl or asphalt lumite. Asphalt lumite is water resistant and not PVC coated, so it’s able to handle much higher heat levels than vinyl. In addition to lumite, other asphalt-friendly selections are also available, including RFL, urethane-coated airbag, 22-oz. vinyl and doloprene. More tarp options can be selected, such as non-standard colors, side flaps, reinforced pockets or hems, webbing, boxed corners, stenciling, grommets and D-rings.
- Tarp Spool with Side Plates
- Steel Roller Bar
- 1-1/4″ Square Arms – 2-Piece Galvanized
- Flat Coil Sprints (3)
- Cab-Level Crank – Standard for P/N 1803906
- Ground-Level Crank – Standard for P/N 1803902
- Durabuilt™ Motor – Standard for P/N 1803895
- Rotary Switch – Standard for P/N 1803895
- P/N 1801943 – Steel Wind Deflector – 2 Pc.
- P/N 1800036 – Chain Guard (For GL Kit, 1803902)
- P/N 1802081 – Medium-Duty Arm Rest Kit
- P/N 1802008 – Steel Heavy-Duty Arm Rest Kit
- P/N 1801434 – Spring Trap Hold-Down Kit
- P/N 1801490 – Tarp Trap Hold-Down Kit
- P/N 1801935 – Rocker Switch
*Additional options may not be available for all applications.