Shrink Your Disposal Costs With A Marathon® PreCrusher! Designed for bulky and difficult to handle refuse, Marathon Equipment’s Garbage Precrushers pre-crushes waste products before compacting, resulting in reduced volume and bigger payloads.
Get 30% greater compaction results than with a standard compactor! A Marathon PreCrusher eliminates “light loads” of pallets, crates, large boxes, and drums that fill your container with air. The packing ram moves through the charge box with a high level of force that effectively crushes everything against the PreCrusher’s vertical steel wall. The wall is then raised and the ram fully extends, compacting the refuse into the attached container. Uniform compaction is achieved throughout the receiver container. Every stroke is a crushing compaction stroke. The results: Fewer Trips To The Landfill!
- High-Volume High-Force Crushing Ram: moves through the charge box, effectively crushing everything against the vertical steel wall. The wall is then hydraulically raised and the ram extends a full 13-inches (330mm) into the compaction container.
- Guided Ram: supports and guides the packing ram, which reduces friction, improves compaction, and extends the life of the ram.
- Vertical Steel Crushing Wall: while in the DOWN position, it serves as an effective crushing gate to eliminate “light loads” of material that would fill your container with air.
- Self-Cleaning Gate: has a beveled design that prevents crushed materials from sticking to the door.
- Low-Profile Design: enables the units to be shipped fully assembled.
- Heavy-Duty Construction: the charge box, sides, ram top, floor, and face plates are specially engineered for heavy-duty industrial applications.
- Tongue and Groove Flooring: prevents thin materials from becoming trapped under the ram. Optional side tongue and groove also available.
- Programmable Controller: standard on automatic units, the controller simplifies operation and eliminates many relays and limit switches.
|Description||RJ-450 HD/PC/High-Volume||RJ-575 HD/PC||RJ-575 EHD/PC|
|Total Normal Force||60,800 lbs.||84,700 lbs.||84,700 lbs.|
|Total Maximum Force||69,300 lbs.||96,200 lbs.||96,200 lbs.|
|Normal Ram||30.3 psi||42.2 psi||42.2 psi|
|Face Force||209 kPa||291 kPa||291 kPa|
|Maximum Ram||34.5 psi||48.0 psi||48.0 psi|
|Face Force||238 kPa||331 kPa||331 kPa|
|Electric Motor: 3/60 — 208//230/460||20 hp / 14.9 kW||30 hp / 22.4 kW||30 hp / 22.4 kW|
|Electric Control Voltage||120 VAC||120 VAC||120 VAC|
|Panel Box Assembly:||L® and CUL® Listed; NEMA Type; All Circuits Fused|
|Standard Controls||Keylock; On/Start/Mushroom Stop/Ram Jog/PreCrusher Jog|
|Hydraulic Pump Capacity||18.5 gpm||52 gpm||52 gpm|
|Normal Pressure||2450 psi||2500 psi||2500 psi|
|Main Hydraulic Cylinder Bore||6″||7″||7″|
|Main Hydraulic Cylinder Rod||4″||4″||4″|
|Main Hydraulic Cylinder Stroke||82″||112″||112″|
|PreCrush Cylinder Bore||4″||4″||4″|
|PreCrush Cylinder Rod||2″||2″||2″|
|PreCrush Cylinder Stroke||44″||44″||44″|