Elgin Sweeper Company Pelican® Broom Sweeper
The Elgin® Pelican® broom sweeper is a three-wheel mechanical sweeper based on one of the original street sweeper designs, which has been continuously improved since 1914, meeting the highest sweeper standards. Maneuverability, visibility, economy, serviceability, and single lane dumping with a sweep system that easily handles heavily compacted dirt and bulky debris are all features of the Elgin Pelican. An isolation-mounted cab provides a cleaner, quieter operation, and the improved 360-degree visibility and easier access for service and maintenance make the Elgin Pelican an industry leader in road sweepers.
The Pelican is also available with Elgin’s innovative waterless dust control feature; allowing year-round sweeping, sweeping with water conservation, and eliminates the use of water on reactive compounds like Portland cement.
- Market leader offering 360 degrees of operator visibility
- Rear steer for outstanding maneuverability
- Front-mounted, variable high dump 3.6 yd3 (2.8 m3) hopper
- Elgin exclusive chevron conveyor belt
Water Conservation. Year-Round Sweeping. Low Dust Emissions.
The Pelican with patented waterless dust control maintains all the popular features and sweeping performance of the Pelican; standard features include outstanding maneuverability, no jam debris conveyor, variable height front dump hopper, durable, purpose-build chassis and an efficient comfortable cab. The patented waterless dust control system includes a dust skirting system, dust separator in the hopper, and a dust control fan with a maintenance-free filter – working together to control fugitive dust without the use of spray water.
The Waterless Pelican is an efficient and productive sweeper that can:
- Increase operations productivity through the elimination of untimely filling of water tanks
- Improved pick-up of fine particles over traditional wet dust control sweepers
- Proven reliable year-round sweeping
- Environmental benefits resulting from considerable water conservation
- Minimizes fugitive dust emissions using patented waterless technology with media performance of 99% at 2.5 microns
Waterless Advantage. Elgin Performance. Year Round Sweeping.
The Elgin Industrial Pelican with waterless PM-10 and PM-2.5 dust control is specifically equipped to meet the needs of industrial customers who sweep heavy, dry materials while keeping dust emissions to an absolute minimum. The Industrial Pelican’s advanced waterless dust control filtration system means minimal filter loading even in the finest of powders. The robust construction of the Industrial Pelican makes it the obvious choice for heavy industrial material handling.
The Industrial Pelican is a robust sweeper that comes standard with:
- Market leading 360 degree visibility cab provides an unmatched view of the yard surroundings
- 3-wheel design provides unparalleled maneuverability in demanding factory compound environments
- Fully sealed cab with filtered fresh air intake and re-circulation
- Conveyor launch ramp that aids in picking up the fine debris types
- Boron runners for longevity
- Dirt shoe “wings” that allow for effective sweeping on rail crossings
- 3.5 yd3 high front dumping hopper for unloading sweepings into containers or dump trucks
Natural Gas Configuration
The popular Pelican – three-wheel broom sweeper – features outstanding maneuverability, visibility, a 10 ft. sweeping path, 9 ft. 6 in. high dump frontal hopper, and the heavy duty No-Jam chevron conveyor belt. The alternative fuel, single-engine Pelican is powered by the near-zero Cummins® B6.7N engine: NOx levels 90% below current EPA standard, Particulate Matter (PM) levels 90% below current EPA standard, CO2 equivalents 16% below current EPA standard, and can achieve sub-zero emissions when using Renewable Natural Gas (RNG).